Sunday, July 12, 2009

Web 2.0 tool - Diigo

This week (week 2) I took some time to get myself familiar with Diigo. Diigo is a social bookmarking Web 2.0 tool.

Diigo is a useful tool for managing your personal bookmarks and is easy to share the bookmarks with your friends. Its key features that makes it different from other Web 2.o tools is that it allows a user to highlight the information on the Web and add notes or comments for the select text on the Web. Since people often find information on the Internet, Diigo could save time in searching and sorting information that a user has found before, because Diigo could allow a user to add tags to a website.

Before I played around with Diigo, I've aready known Diigo's strong features. However, I'm a little bit disappointed in it. Because I was expecting that I can use those features through its Web-based interface as I use other Web 2.0 tools. In order to use the highlighting and Sticky Notes features, I need to download an extra tool. I don't like to install any extension or toolbar on my computer, unless I believe I really need it.

Consequently, I have not installed it. Diigo for me is just a web-based bookmaking tool. I can add tags and share my bookmarks with my friends.

Tutorials from Diigo Help Center.
I also found the following useful tutorials about Diigo from Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX8d701nzsk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcecBgRd3ig&watch_response

2 comments:

  1. Bi-Jen - This is great information. I had not learned enough about this tool. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like the highlighting and bookmarking features, you should try and download the tool. Without Diigo's toolbar, you can't even see the highlight effect or notes that shared by your friends.

    ReplyDelete