Saturday, July 25, 2009

Week 4 -Technorati

Technorati is a blog search engine. It can help me find information appearing on blogs. For being a beginner, I can check what the popular topics and most linked blogs are from their top 100 blogs. Also, I can collect a list of my favorite blogs and keep track on them.

But I think Technorati is more beneficial if you are a blogger and want to make your blog more visible. Especially if someone is making a living on blogging or enterprise blogs, Technorati would be definitely useful for them.

It seems that Technoratic can help blog owners to find out who is linking to their blogs, no matter what blogging platforms they use. It also offers some useful features, such as tagging (I know some blog platforms do not allow multiple tags) and ping, which notice and update Technoratic that there is new content on the blog.

Second, building authority is important for bloggers, because that the higher numbers means the more blogs linking to your blog. Technorati Authority measures the number of blogs, rather than the number of links. So if a blog owner writes some things that are interesting or important that many other blogs link to there, that blog would have a high authority number and it may shows on Technorati Rank.

Right now I’ve just sign up, claimed my blog, and added the Technorati logo on my blog. But I think I just need it to check any update from my favorite blogs, and perhaps someday I will need it to manage my blog if I’ll start to write something that I want more people to read.

There are two resources about Technorati.
This is from Gina Chen, who talked about why journalist bloggers should use it.
This one is about A Beginner’s guide to Technorati.

No comments:

Post a Comment