Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week 2 prompt

How might the concept of produsage be applied in your life (personal and/or professional) as it stands today? Are you already a produser? If yes, what do you do? If no, why not?

From the readings of Bruns’s book, a producser is a productive user, who actively engaged in the act of produsage. The concept of produsage refers to something, in contrast to a traditional format, that is related to continuing content production, collaboration, technology integration, remix / reuse of existing and new information, mutual communication, and etc.

For my personal life, I like to upload my photos and video and write my thoughts to share with my friends via my MSN spaces. I would also check my friends’ updates from facebook or their blogs and leave comments to them. Also, my friends check my life in the US and leave me comments. I enjoy communicating with them through these ways. Sometimes, I share interesting videos, news, or articles that I found from the Internet with my friends, and I would add my comments and feedback about that information. I also actively provide information and share my experience to the Taiwanese Students Website. Hence, I would say I am a prduser, and the concept of produsage has been applied in my life. Through the Internet to communicate to my family and friends has become the most frequently used method nowadays.

For my professional, I am more a user rather than an active produser. I have some experience in using wikispaces to do assignments with classmates. I also read postings, listen podcasts from other’s blogs and wikis, but I rarely leave comments. However, although I’m a lurker, the information I collect from those blogs do help extend my knowledge and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment